The Authority was established on May 20, 1994, and is a body corporate and politic, organized under the Municipal Authorities act.
The Authority has been incorporated pursuant to appropriate action of the governing body of the City of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania (the “City”) and exists under and is governed by the Act. The Authority has the power to, among other things, acquire, hold, construct, improve, maintain and operate water filtration plants, trunk lines and water distribution systems.
The governing body of the Authority is a Board consisting of seven (7) members appointed by City Council. The terms of the members of the Authority are staggered so that the term of one member expires each year. Members of the Authority may be re-appointed. The Authority Board is comprised of the members listed below.
- Chairman of the Board: Reverend Steven McCracken
- Vice Chairman: Richard Carpenter
- Board Member: Cecile Grimshaw
- Board Member: Dr. Phillip Dougherty
- Board Member: Jamal Abodalo
- Board Member: Earl Lucas
- Board Member: Daniel Luckey
- Executive Director: William Murray
- Solicitor: Roland Stock, LLC.
- Consulting Engineer: SSM Engineering