Reading Area Water Authority Governance
The Authority was established on May 20, 1994, and is a body corporate and politic, organized under the Municipal Authorities act.
The Authority has been incorporated pursuant to appropriate action of the governing body of the City of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania (the "City") and exists under and is governed by the Act. The Authority has the power to, among other things, acquire, hold, construct, improve, maintain and operate water filtration plants, trunk lines and water distribution systems.
The governing body of the Authority is a Board consisting of five (5) members appointed by the Mayor and approved by City Council. The terms of the members of the Authority are staggered so that the term of one member expires each year. Members of the Authority may be re-appointed. The Authority Board is comprised of the members listed below, whose terms expire on the 31st day of December in the years listed.
- Chairman of the Board: Raymond Schuenemann III, Esq.
- Vice Chairman: Carl McLaughlin
- Secretary/Treasurer: Vacant
- Board Member: Eron Lloyd
- Board Member: Scott Wynton Butler
- Board Member: Dr. Thomas Brogan
- Executive Director: Dean Miller
- Solicitor: Michael Setley/John Bucolo
- Consulting Engineer: Tom Weld/BCM Engineers