The Authority was established on May 20, 1994, and is a body corporate and politic, organized under the Municipal Authorities act.
The Authority has been incorporated pursuant to appropriate action of the governing body of the City of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania (the “City”) and exists under and is governed by the Act. The Authority has the power to, among other things, acquire, hold, construct, improve, maintain and operate water filtration plants, trunk lines and water distribution systems.
The governing body of the Authority is a Board consisting of seven (7) members appointed by City Council. The terms of the members of the Authority are staggered so that the term of one member expires each year. Members of the Authority may be re-appointed. The Authority Board is comprised of the members listed below, whose terms expire on the 31st day of December in the years listed.
- Chairman of the Board: Ralph E. Johnson
- Vice Chairman: Steven Symons
- Board Member: Steven McCraken
- Board Member: Cecile Grimshaw
- Board Member: Dr. Phillip Dougherty
- Board Member: Vacant
- Executive Director: William Murray
- Director of Operation and Maintenance: Kim Mazur
- Solicitor: Roland Stock, LLC.
- Consulting Engineer: Scott Carl/SSM Engineering